Avondklok en werken in het Van Steenis gebouw
From Saturday, January 23 until Tuesday, February 9, there will be a curfew from 21:00 to 04:30. This means that as of Saturday the university buildings will close earlier. For the Van Steenis building this means, from Monday to Friday, the following:
Van Steenis - open from 8.00 to 18.00 hours.
See the total overview (in Dutch) for until what time you can visit the different locations and the different days of the week.
An exception to the curfew is made for employees who support critical processes. Do you need an employer's statement to travel to/from work during the curfew? If so, please contact the head of your deparment yourself.
Previously existing measures
Below are the measures that continue to apply to our faculty:
- All teaching in the second semester will be done entirely online for at least the first two weeks (up to and including 12 February 2021), with an exception of small-scale practicals.
- Please indicate on Brightspace that students will have to take into account online education for the time being because of the lockdown and that they will be informed of any changes via Brightspace. Describe in what form the education will take place (online/on campus or a combination) as soon as there are more possibilities. This will avoid queries from students.
- Study spaces in University buildings will remain available for students who do not have proper facilities to study at home. The online booking system should be used to book a space.
- Physical graduation ceremonies are cancelled until further notice.
- The recording of lectures is necessary and will remain possible. Choose the option that is best suited for your teaching. Make use of the available facilities and support.
- Other information about online teaching is available via Teaching Support.
- Research will be conducted from home as much as possible.
- New requests to work on location for your research must be discussed with the head of your department. Your departmental secretary will register this in the flexplanner.
- PhD defence ceremonies will be held online.
- We remain working from home.
- Stay in the Netherlands. Do not travel abroad and do not book travel up to and including 31 March 2021.
- Lecturers and support staff necessary for teaching activities are considered key workers. Request a statement from the PSSC Service Point if you need it for child care for example.
- Are you in need of a desk chair, a mouse or screen? Leiden University has a home delivery service.
- Are you worried? Are you having problems because of your home situation? Contact your manager and discuss your working hours, your tasks, and their priority with your manager.
- If you still need to work on location, consult with your manager who is allowed to apply for access.
- Always do the Corona check before coming to our locations
If you have any questions about these measures, consult the website for all up-to-date information.