Vraag een Museums, Collections and Society scholarship aan
The Research Group Museums, Collections and Society (MCS) of the Leiden University Centre for the Arts in Society (LUCAS) makes grants available for collection-oriented research.
For 2023, there are four scholarships of €4000.
Applications must be submitted by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than Thursday 16 March 2023.
Applications must meet the following criteria:
- The application must not exceed 3000 words.
- The application must relate to (Leiden/The Hague) collection-oriented research.
- A clear research question and operationalization must be described in the application.
- It must be indicated how the proposal fits within the framework of a research agenda and/or a scientific discussion.
- The applicants also provide an overview of the expected output. This may concern, for example, a seminar, (part of) a book, an article and/or an application for research funding.
- There is an obligation to submit an article for the MCS Annual Report during the project and to contribute to the Leiden academic community, eg in the form of a lecture.
The project must be completed no later than March 31, 2024 (also financially). After 6 months, the project leader submits a short progress report. The final report will be submitted by 30 April 2024 at the latest.
The grants may not be used to reimburse salary costs, but may only be used for material costs (travel and accommodation costs, organization of activities, laboratory costs, etc.).
For more information, please contact the head of the Research Group, Prof.dr. Pieter ter Keurs.