XR Designer and Developer
- Vacature nummer
- Niet-wetenschappelijke functies
- Intern , Extern
- Publicatie datum
- 13 juli 2021
- 3 augustus 2021 Vacature gesloten
Student and Educational Affairs (SEA), department Centre for Innovation, is looking for a
XR Designer and Developer
At the Centre for Innovation, we work together in a multidisciplinary environment to generate insights, projects, partnerships and events to enhance education, research and society. As an Extended Reality (Virtual + Augmented Reality) Designer, you will play a major role in developing CFI’s capabilities in the area of Extended Reality for education and research. You will have an interdisciplinary role in which you will be tasked with creating applications and concepts through connecting the conceptual, technical and educational aspects.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Work in an interdisciplinary team who have technical, didactical, media and project management expertise to create Extended Reality prototypes and concepts that enhance the learning experience for students, support teachers and researchers;
- Lead and execute the technical development of Extended Reality projects;
- Work on existing and propose new projects relating the broad theme of Extended Reality to both:
- Education and Research at Leiden University and
- Potential external partners in areas including, but not limited to, the healthcare and wellbeing sector.
- Design concepts and prototypes that explore the potential benefits of XR for education and research. The work can range from making smart use of existing tools and applications by applying them within the context of education and research, to creating custom prototypes and tools in collaboration with other software developers;
- Facilitate design sessions with partners;
- Act as a linking pin between a partner’s research and educational requirements, experience design, technical design and educational design;
- Bring experience with Human Centered Design methodologies to the team;
- Bring new project ideas to the team.
- Bsc/Msc in Media Technology, Game Design, Experience Design or related discipline/equivalent experience;
- 3+ years of experience in XR design and development or related field;
- Experience with Unity 3D;
- Experience in software development, using C# scripting language.
- Strong design skills;
- Strong communication skills and the ability to co-create with partners;
- Experience with Human Centered Design methodologies;
- Excellent team player, who likes to work in a flexible and multidisciplinary team;
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to translate the needs of partners and come up with concrete solutions;
- Good command of English in both writing and speaking;
- Affinity with the academic context;
- Curiosity, creativity, enthusiasm to improve your own skills and bring new ideas to the team.
Nice to have:
- Good command of Dutch in both writing and speaking;
- Experience with Unreal Engine.
The Student and Educational Affairs expertise center facilitates study and academic success, by way of offering support to students and academic supervisors, carrying out administrative processes and contributing to an optimal living and educational environment.
The Centre for Innovation (CFI) is a think- and do- tank of Leiden University which works as an innovation accelerator in the areas of learning, living and working. The mission of the Centre for innovation is to identify and explore transformative trends in a digital world, creating innovative methods, products and solutions for Leiden University and its partners.
Terms and conditions
We offer this position initially for a period of one year. Salary ranges from € 2.790, - to € 4.402, - gross per month (pay scale 10) based on full-time employment, in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3%), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. For more information, see the website.
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Please submit online your application no later than 3 Augustus 2021 via the blue button of our application system. Applicants should submit an online a letter of interest accompanied by a CV and any other relevant information (showreels, demos, portfolios, etc.) could be added or linked in the letter of interest.
Internal candidates will, in the event of equivalent suitability, be given preference over external candidates.
Acquisition following this advertisement is not appreciated.