- Vacature nummer
- 21-544 9923
- Niet-wetenschappelijke functies
- 0,8 - 1,0
- Intern , Extern
- Publicatie datum
- 26 oktober 2021
- 17 november 2021 Vacature gesloten
Student and Educational Affairs (SEA), department Centre for Innovation, is looking for a
Project Leader (0,8 – 1,0 FTE)
Vacancynumber 21-544 9923
The project Manager is responsible for developing and delivering projects which innovate learning and education at Leiden University. In an innovative multidisciplinary team, you will work together with various stakeholders in the University and connected partners. For these projects, you will need to acquire sufficient budget, develop and write proposals, including the required resources, staffing, and schedule. Throughout, you will need to maintain and grow a network of prospective and existing clients, primarily within Leiden University, but also with its partner organizations. Next to that the project manager will take a leadership role in the implementation and enhancement of project management methodology based on Agile/SCRUM methodology.
- Drafting project agreements;
- Planning work and organizing a roadmap of a project;
- Guide, plan, and coordinate a project team;
- Keeping in touch with content experts and various levels of the university that make the project a success;
- Managing the development and implementation of (technical) prototypes and projects;
- Providing training and meetings to transfer knowledge on project management methodology.
- WO think-work level, with experience and affinity with an academic work and learning environment and experience with working with content experts;
- Preferred 6+ years of experience in Project Management. Experience with current innovation theories, norms, terminology, and processes in IT is necessary;
- Experience with SCRUM/Agile methodology;
- Experience with managing a multidisciplinary team;
- Team player and collaborative thinker, can work well with multiple stakeholders;
- Persuasiveness; managing for results; cost-consciousness; planning & organization are necessary personal competences;
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to translate needs of partners to concrete solutions;
- Good command of English in both writing and speaking;
- Curiosity, creativity, enthusiasm to improve your own skills and bring new ideas to the team;
- You know how to prioritize for projects that align with the Centre for Innovation’s strategy; you are able to select for quality engagements (and respectfully decline others) and therefore deliver what you promise.
The Student and Educational Affairs expertise center facilitates study and academic success, by way of offering support to students and academic supervisors, carrying out administrative processes and contributing to an optimal living and educational environment.
The Centre for Innovation (CFI) is a think- and do- tank of Leiden University which works as an innovation accelerator in the areas of learning, living and working. The mission of the Centre for innovation is to identify and explore transformative trends in a digital world, creating innovative methods, products and solutions for Leiden University and its partners.
Terms and conditions
We offer this position initially for a period of one year. Salary range from €2.836,- €5211,- gross per month (pay scale10 /11 based on experience) based on full-time employment, in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities. The Centre for Innovation is located in The Hague.
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3%), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break. For more information, please look at the website
Leiden University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from members of underrepresented groups.
Enquiries can be made to Karen van Muiden, Project Manager, e-mail email@example.com
Please submit online your application no later than 17 November 2021 via the blue button of our application system. Applicants should submit online a letter of interest accompanied by a cv.
Internal candidates will, in the event of equivalent suitability, be given preference over external candidates.
Acquisition following this advertisement is not appreciated