- Vacature nummer
- Wetenschappelijke functies
- Publicatie datum
- 13 september 2022
- 24 september 2022 Vacature gesloten
The Faculty of Science and Leiden Academic Centre for Drug Research, Division Drug Discovery and Safety is looking for an:
Vacancy number: 22-584
You will join the Division of Drug Discovery and Safety in the Leiden Academic Centre for Drug Research (LACDR). Your responsibilities will be ~50% in teaching and ~50% in research.
• You will play an active role in the coordination, design, and implementation of teaching modules of this division within the BioPharmaceutical Sciences teaching program. BioPharmaceutical Sciences consists of a 3-year Dutch Bachelor's program that aims to train students in all basic aspects of drug research, which is followed by a 2-year English Master’s program aimed at training for a scientific career in drug research and development. Your focus will be on teaching modules in biochemistry and cell biology.
• In addition to your role in teaching, you will participate in the scientific research of the Division of Drug Discovery and Safety. You will be involved in ongoing research in the area of cancer drug target discovery in the group of Prof. dr. Erik Danen ( https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/staffmembers/erik-danen#tab-1 ) where you will co-supervise PhD students. In addition, we encourage and support you to develop your own niche in this context.
• PhD degree in a relevant area of research
• Proficient in Dutch and English, both verbally and in writing
• Experience in teaching, possessing didactical quality, and in possession of – or willing to obtain within two years - the University Teaching Qualification (UTQ)
• Experience with cell biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, microscopy
• Excellent communication and writing skills (proven experience in writing research proposals is a pre)
• Team spirit but able to work independently, motivated, critical, and results oriented
The Faculty of Science of Leiden University is a world-class faculty where staff and students work together in a dynamic international environment. Its expertise spans the entire spectrum of science, ranging from Mathematics and Statistical science, Computer science and Data science, Astronomy, Physics, Chemistry and Pharmaceutical science to Biology and Environmental sciences. The Faculty of Science is located at the heart of Leiden’s Bio Science Park, one of Europe’s biggest science parks. Within the Faculty, LACDR conducts fundamental and strategic scientific research in the field of innovative drug research. Presently, about 200 fte (including postdocs and PhDs) are employed at LACDR, that are organized in three research divisions and a technology center. The division Drug Discovery and Safety includes eight research groups and is strongly invested in the Faculty’s Cell Observatory where microscopic imaging of several Institutes is housed, creating an interactive and interdisciplinary environment. For more information, see https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/science/drug-research
Terms and conditions
We offer a 0.8-1.0 fte 1-year term position, with possibility for a subsequent permanent position based on performance. The salary ranges, depending on qualifications and experience, from €3.974,- to €5.439,- gross per month (pay scale11 in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities).
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3 %), training and career development and sabbatical leave. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions. Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break.
Diversity and inclusion
Fostering an inclusive community is a central element of the values and vision of Leiden University. Leiden University is committed to becoming an inclusive community which enables all students and staff to feel valued and respected and to develop their full potential. Diversity in experiences and perspectives enriches our teaching and strengthens our research. High quality teaching and research is inclusive.
Enquiries can be made to Prof.Dr. Erik Danen ( firstname.lastname@example.org ). If you have any questions about the procedure, please contact Mrs. Marjolijn Lugthart, secretary (e-mail: email@example.com ).
To apply for this vacancy, please send an email to Mrs. Marjolijn Lugthart (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ) before September 24, 2022.
Please ensure that you upload the following additional documents quoting the vacancy number:
• A letter of motivation
• A curriculum vitae
• Two letters of reference