Innovation manager / Business Developer Quantum
- Vacature nummer
- 22-681 13052
- Niet-wetenschappelijke functies
- Intern , Extern
- Publicatie datum
- 18 oktober 2022
- 5 november 2022 Vacature gesloten
Innovation manager / Business Developer Quantum
The “innovation manager / business developer Quantum“ facilitates scientists and researchers in the Leiden Institute of Physics and related disciplines at Leiden University in developing and maintaining collaboration with industries in the area of Quantum Technology. Future oriented market research, business development and match making are important components of the job.
Quantum Leiden is one of the five innovation ‘hubs’ of Quantum Delta NL and is a part of the Dutch National Agenda for Quantum Technology. Your role as innovation manager / business developer is to inspire and facilitate interaction between Quantum researchers in Leiden and companies or spin-offs to create innovation programs with impact. You are connected to our regional, Dutch and European partners in the quantum network. You initiate connections to all relevant parties to craft and implement a strategic roadmap. Your day-to-day activities also include giving presentations, organizing meetings and workshops. You actively pursue matchmaking between researchers at Leiden University and startups, SMEs, larger corporations and government agencies, resulting in additional joint research and business opportunities.
- Connect state of the art companies with the internal University network on the topics of Quantum Theory, Software and Technology
- Act as initial project owner or project manager in the set-up phase of collaboration on industrial or societal research questions to the academic world
- Assist researchers and external parties in scouting and actively shaping novel research, pilot and scale-up projects.
- Contribute to the regional innovation clusters in collaboration with (academic) experts, societal organisations, startups and corporates.
- Connect our research to (inter)national knowledge and innovation roadmaps and research alliances.
- Scout and identify new collaborations and funding opportunities with (inter)national industry.
You bring a tangible track record showing that you have an innovative and entrepreneurial mindset and favor creative solutions to challenges. You act comfortably as a coordinator and sparring partner for researchers. You have a clear insight in challenges faces by startups, SMEs and larger corporates. You bring an analytic mind-set that enables you to quickly assess the crux of research and project ideas. You feel at home in a dynamic and innovative academic environment. You have a broad knowledge of innovation processes, project management and have feeling for dynamics and interests in a complex organization.
You have strong listening and communication skills and are at ease talking to top scientist and corporate management. You have a relevant network, or can build a network quickly. You can act in a team, but are individually result driven. You can identify separate roles and tasks of participants in the development of research or entrepreneurial projects or programs. And despite differences in their backgrounds, you can connect people and parties through their joint interests in content, motivation. You are flexible and able to work with deadlines.
Additionally you bring:
- Academic education and experience
- Three to five years of experience at a corporation or startup
- Specific knowledge of or affinity with quantum technology, AI or the high tech industry (sensors/semiconductors/software), with preferably a strong affinity for frontier tech.
- Fluency in Englisch
Terms and conditions
The appointment is temporary for 1 year, with the option to continue in a permanent position thereafter. The salary depends on previous experience and ranges from € 4.814,- to € 6.181,- gross per month (pay scale 12) on fulltime basis, in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3%), training and career development. Our individual choices model gives you some freedom to assemble your own set of terms and conditions.
The Innovation Manager / Business Developer Quantum is embedded at LION (Leiden Institute of Physics) and LURIS, the Knowledge Transfer Office of Leiden University.
Diversity and inclusion are core values of Leiden University. Leiden University is committed to becoming an inclusive community which enables all students and staff to feel valued and respected and to develop their full potential. Diversity in experiences and perspectives enriches our teaching and strengthens our research.
For information about this position, please contact Anouschka Versleijen at email@example.com.
Please submit online your application no later than 5 November 2022 via the blue button in our application system.