The Service Centre International Staff provides advice and different types of services to all international employees and guest researchers that come to pursue their academic career in Leiden.
Advice and support for international staff
Are you international employee or guest researcher? Our Service Centre International Staff offers advice and support about:
- Immigration and requirements
- Housing facilities for international staff
- Social life and settling in
- Your spouse's career - The Dual Career Programme
- Taxes and social security
- Health insurance
- Getting around in The Netherlands
A beginner's guide to Dutch academia
Want to know more about Dutch academia? Download the beginner's guide to Dutch academia. The guide is an introduction to Dutch research and higher education for researchers and instructors who are unfamiliar with the Dutch academic setting. It explains how Dutch academia relates to Dutch politics and society, what the research and teaching culture is like, and how the funding system and academic protocol are structured.